Lapierre AirCode SL 500 Carbon Road Bikes 2x11 700c 2017 boasting pro-race geometry, advanced aerodynamics and a truly power-hungry lateral stiffness, the Aircode SL is perfectly in balance. It’s the finest blend of aero, structural stiffness and low weight for racing and sprinting. Kamm Tail tube profiles give all the benefits of a traditional wing-section, yet their squared-off backs create ‘virtual’ trailing edges that handle sidewinds better than a full wing. They’re also immune to the vortex of dirty air full wings trail behind them, creating fantastic stability at high speed.
There is a competitor in you and our race bikes will unleash it. Our Aircode race bikes are designed with the singular goal of going fast and winning races. So the next time you’re attacking a climb, tucking for a decent, or mashing the pedals for a sprint finish, be sure you’re doing it on a tour proven Lapierre Xelius. The new weapon of choice for Team FDJ.fr. Aerodynamics, speed and precision: the new Lapierre aero road bike is built for competition.
All the science of the Aerostorm combined with the performances of the Xelius EFI has led to the development of this new frame, blending aerodynamics and efficiency, for results that have never been seen before.
The new Aircode is the result of all Lapierre’s experience and know-how with aerodynamics and building carbon frames. In fact, this new frame has been developed on the basis of the results of the various aerodynamic studies conducted for the design of the Aerostorm (wind-tunnel testing; digital simulation of airflows around bike and rider, CFD).
Each component has therefore been thought out to optimise the bike’s aerodynamics while preserving maximum rigidity and excellent pedal-power transfer. In particular, the integration of Power Box technology, developed and used on the Xelius EFI, was crucial.
Following more than 9 months of development, a first Aircode prototype was handed over to Team FDJ.fr, who have been fully involved in this project. Numerous test sessions were scheduled, enabling riders and team staff to provide Lapierre engineers with precious data. The result is a racing machine, tested and approved by TeamFDJ.fr’s standard-setting test riders.
AIRCODE SL CARBON
LAPIERRE AIRCODE SL CARBON - Carbon Steerer
FSA 1"1/8 1"1/4 FSA ORBIT C-33 44E + 15 mm top cover
SHIMANO 105 KFC5800CX26L 52x36 170mm (XS, S) / 172.5mm (M) / 175mm (L, XL, XXL)
SHIMANO KSMBB7141B PRESSFIT
SHIMANO 105 KFD5800FL
SHIMANO 105 KRD5800SSL 11-Speed
SHIMANO 105 KST5800 2x11-Speed
SHIMANO 105 KCS580011128 11-Speed 11-28T
SHIMANO KCNHG60011 - 11-Speed
MAVIC COSMIC ELITE
MAVIC COSMIC ELITE
MAVIC COSMIC ELITE
MAVIC YKSION ELITE 25
SHIMANO 105 KBR5800 / KBR5810F DIRECTMOUNT
ZIPP Service Course 80 anatomic 40mm (XS) / 42mm (S, M, L) / 44mm (XL, XXL)
ZIPP Service Course 6° BLACK Ø: 31.8mm L: 90mm (XS, S) / 100mm (M) / 110mm (L) / 120mm (XL) / 130mm (XXL)
FIZIK ARIONE R5 BLACK / RED
LAPIERRE SPC-619 CARBON Ø: 31.6mm L: 350mm
SIZE • UPC
SMALL 49cm • 791964516675
MEDIUM 52cm • 791964516729
LARGE 55cm • 791964516767
|Seat Tube Length **||460.0mm||490.0mm||520.0mm||550.0mm||580.0mm||610.0mm|
|Top Tube Length *||520.0mm||535.0mm||550.0mm||570.0mm||590.0mm||610.0mm|
|Head Tube Length||125.0mm||130.0mm||150.0mm||170.0mm||190.0mm||210.0mm|
|Chain Stay Length||408.0mm||408.0mm||408.0mm||408.0mm||408.0mm||408.0mm|
* Measured Horizontally ** Measured from Center
AERODYNAMICS AND EFFICIENCY
To make bikes that are ever faster, we have brought together all our « savoir-faire » and knowledge gained about aerodynamics in order to offer you cutting edge technology, all put to the service of speed.
The development of our aerodynamic frames (Aerostorm and Aircode) was done in coordination with the company ACE (Aéro Concept Engineering), specialists in aerodynamic optimization.
The latest technology was put to work in the conception of our bikes: from digital calculations for CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) to wind tunnel testing, nothing was left to chance. Created by two former Formula 1 engineers, the company ACE has now accumulated over 30 years of experience in aerodynamics. It’s not by chance that their test lab and wind tunnel are based at Magny-Cours (France), close to the mythical Formula 1 circuit. For many years, ACE has put its expertise for the benefit of companies working in speed sports. This knowledge, previously only used in Formula 1 or aeronautics, is now available to everyone, thanks to team FDJ.fr and to Lapierre.
The aerodynamic study for a Lapierre frame has several key stages:
- The full bike, including rider are modeled in 3D using a specific software.
- The frame is then divided into different zones (head tube, seat stays, seat tube etc.).
- A global objective is fixed for the full frame: reducing the drag in order to attain the value established in the brief. This objective is measured by a power gain in Watts.
- The phase of digital calculations can then start: the phenomenon of air flowing around the bike and rider is simulated on a computer. Several types of simulations are made in different conditions: without vent, headwind, tailwind. And all this is tested at different speeds, in order to be efficient in all conditions and situations.
- Then the optimization phase can start: numerous calculations are launched, and according to the results obtained, the design of each part of the frame is reworked stage by stage. The objective being to make the frame penetrate the air as efficiently as possible, whilst maintaining a very rigid frame.
The flow of air around the bike and rider should be perturbed as little as possible when in movement to limit the formation of turbulences.
In order to achieve this the tube profiles are optimised as much as possible. All zones are considered independently of the others, whilst keeping in mind their impact on the rest of the system. For example, a bad orientation of air flow around the fork could create harmful turbulences around the down tube.
- This phase of optimization continues until the objective fixed for the reduction of drag is achieved. In the case of Aerostorm, we managed to exceed the objective set after 3 months of calculations.
- Once optimization is finished, a series of wind tunnel tests is carried out in order to check and confirm the aerodynamic performance of the bike.
- Thanks to this process of optimization by digital simulation and wind tunnel tests, it is no longer necessary to develop numerous “intermediary” prototypes. We can now push the limits further than ever. You too!
We love this Lapierre Aircode SL 500 Bicycle.
Buy a Lapierre Aircode SL 500 Bicycle from Texas Cyclesport, A Better Bike Ride Begins Here.