This wheelset is designed for cyclists who want the top-level climbing performance of the Elan with added rim toughness. The Aspin is durable, light and aerodynamic at the same time.
- Hubset: Aspin wheel systems orbit around a proprietary hubset designed and manufactured in the USA. Patented Differential Flange Diameter™ on the rear hub lends a mechanical advantage effectively doubling the number of functional pulling spokes; increasing wheel durability. CNC machined, hub shells with oversized axles provide high strength, stiffness and light weight. Optimized flange contours provide full spoke elbow support, increasing spoke life. Hubs also feature precision cartridge bearings with low drag supplementary contact seals and bearing preload adjustment on both front and rear hub shells.
- Freehub Mechanism: Black anodized, CNC machined steel freehub body has 3 sprung steel pawls for a bomb-proof torque transfer system. Pawls are driven by 3 hardened steel leaf springs. The system is strong, simple and dependable. Hubset: TdF2.4 10/11 speed compatible.
- Rims: This 435 gram rim is slightly shorter than the Elan Aero rim at 22mm tall front wheel, 23mm tall rear wheel. The rim section has a slightly thicker wall for added impact strength and toughness. The brake sidewalls are brushed for optimized weight savings.
- Spoke & Nipple: Black, aero profile 14/15 gauge spokes with patented wrench flats and internal alloy nipples with nylon inserts contribute to clean aerodynamic performance and superior, long-term durability. Patented Self-Aligning Nipple™ technology and Dish Reducing design™ reduce spoke bending loads and rear wheel dish to increase spoke fatigue life.
- Extras: Rolf Prima Aspin wheel systems include custom reinforced rim tape and steel quick release skewers (105g /set).
Wheelset size: 700c
Weight: 1565g set
Spoke count: aero 20F/24R