Campagnolo’s Bora Ultra WTO 33 has the perfect balance of speed, agility and stability, making it the best choice for all-round riders. The rim’s versatile design takes account of real-world riding conditions, not just those created in a wind tunnel, and the result is the most efficient drag-reducing rim shape available.
Now even lighter, thanks in part to its Hand Made Ultra-Light Carbon (H.U.L.C.) construction, the Bora Ultra WTO 33 has slimmer Aero Elliptical spokes and hidden nipples to help slice through the air. Campagnolo’s beautifully molded carbon hub body is securely bonded to a light aluminum hub flange, and integrated radial spoke seats ensure perfect alignment. A uniquely stunning C-LUX finish and new, subtle Bora Ultra graphics ensure the new wheels have the show to match their go.
At only 33mm deep, the Bora Ultra WTO 33 has the shallowest wind tunnel optimized (WTO) rim profile of the new Ultra family. Every external component of the wheel has been redesigned to maximise aerodynamic efficiency and reduce weight, saving you precious energy, and generating greater speed from the same rider input.
Climbers will love the Bora Ultra WTO 33’s lower weight, helping them to reach the heights even faster, change pace instantly, and descend with great speed and confidence. Built using Campagnolo’s Hand Made Ultra-Light Carbon (H.U.L.C.), the rims have Campagnolo’s mirror-like Luxury (C-LUX) finish, and undrilled 2-Way Fit rim beds, for perfect tubeless compatibility without rim tape.
Campagnolo’s beautifully molded carbon fiber front hub body is hourglass shaped to improve aerodynamics, and is securely bonded to a light aluminum hub flange. Integrated radial spoke seats ensure perfect alignment, hidden Aero Mo-Mag nipples and slimmer Aero Elliptical spokes in Campagnolo’s G3 spoke pattern further enhance performance, and its CULT ceramic bearings promise almost frictionless rotation.
The aluminum rear with 36 tooth ratchet system can be driven by N3W, XDR or HG freehub bodies.
The 2-Way Fit rims are ready for immediate tubeless use without rim tape, designed for tire widths from 23mm, they’re aerodynamically optimized for 25mm tires.
- Overall wheel efficiency is determined by overcoming aerodynamic resistance, rolling resistance and the effects of weight and gradient.
- Rolling resistance for this rim profile was found to be lower with a 19mm internal width rim bed, particularly with 25mm or 28mm tires, but aerodynamics are optimized with 25mm.
- With a system weight of 87kg, a 25mm tire’s rolling resistance at 40km/h is: tubular 30 watts, clincher 28 watts, tubeless 25 watts.
- Therefore Bora Ultra WTO has 2-Way Fit rims for tubeless, tubeless-ready or clincher tires
- Campagnolo mold the nipple and valve holes into the rims, so no carbon fiber are cut by drilling
- Each spoke hole has an internal nipple seat, wrapped into the rim’s carbon layup, which is specifically aligned to the intended hub
- Aero Mo-Mag nipples are perfectly aligned with each spoke for a more accurate wheel build, with reduced localized stress and improved fatigue life.
Stop and go
- All of the new Bora Ultra WTO wheels are designed for AFS (center-lock compatible) disc rotors.
- Campagnolo’s unique G3 spoke system counteracts the main source of torque at each hub.
- CULT ceramic bearings keep the Bora Ultra WTO hubs spinning freely for 5 ½ times longer than standard steel bearings
- Oversized 36 tooth ratchet freehub is fast to engage and very durable, plus it accepts N3W, XDR and HG freehub bodies.
- Spokes: 24 Aero Elliptical, straight pull, double-butted 1.5mm
- Spoke pattern: G3
- Nipples: Aluminum Aero Mo-Mag, self-locking, internal
VERSIONS AND WEIGHTS
- Campagnolo N3W FW body
- HG FW body
- XDR FW body
- 1.385 g
- front 640 g
- rear 745 g
- Campagnolo sprocket set 11/12/13
- Shimano sprocket set 10/11 - SRAM 10/11
- SRAM 12 sprocket set
- Front: Bora Ultra, carbon body
- Rear: Aluminum body, 36 tooth ratchet freehub
- Hub width: 100-142mm
- Axle type: 12mm aluminum thru axle
- Bearings: CULT ceramic, cup and cone
- Brake interface: AFS disc
- Freehub compatibility: N3W, XDR, HG
- ASTM classification: 1
- Material: H.U.L.C. UD high-strength carbon fiber
- Finish: C-LUX
- Tire interface: 2-Way Fit
- Tire compatibility: Tubeless, tubeless-ready, clincher
- Recommended tyre size: 700c, from 25mm
- Rim height: 33mm
- Internal width: 21mm
- External width: 27.4mm
- Decals: Water transfer DCS (Dark, copper shaded)
The Bora™ Ultra WTO™ 33 Disc Brake wheel is entirely hand-assembled by a specialized Campagnolo® technician and is 100% checked by electronic instrumentation. This procedure ensures that every single Campagnolo® wheel offers maximum performance and reliability
- Aero Mo-Mag nipple maintenance kit
- Tubeless valves
- AFS lock-rings
- Campagnolo wheel bags
- Campagnolo accessories bag
- Tire levers
- Campagnolo N3W Z11 adapter (on Campy freehub version)
1385 g (front 640 g/rear 745 g)