The "XL" in the Fulcrum Red Metal 29 XL stands for Extra Light and they mean it. Fulcrum engineered this wheel to be at a reasonably low weight without sacrificing the strength that riders who love to shred require, and they succeeded. One of the big strength benefits comes from the 2:1 spoke system used by Fulcrum. This puts more spokes on the drive side in the rear and more on the braking side in the front, so you get the stiffness you need where you need it the most.
The hubs use a stout 20mm oversized axle which gives you stiffness and strength. The front hub also grants you just a bit of flexibility by offering an adaptor between 15mm thru axle and standard quick release, so you can adjust your ride based on your equipment and riding style. See what all the fuss is about: try out a 29'er, and when you do, ride the Fulcrum Red Metal 29 XL and feel the difference.
- Aluminum oversized hubs with straight-pull oversized aluminum spokes
- MoMag rim technology means no spoke holessaving rotational weight and eliminating the need for a tubeless rim strip - UST compatible
- In cludes quick release skewers and tubeless valves - just add tubeless t ires and sealant for tubeless useor use with a standard tire and tube for conventional applications
- Front hub is 9mm QR but can be converted to 15QR use
- 6-bolt disc compatible
- 780g front, 970g rear
- Tubeless compatible to suit your riding style
- Oversize axle and spoke placement gives you great stiffness and strength
- Set weighs in at 1750g